The health crisis has highlighted the importance of having a strong immune system. People worldwide have become interested in how to maintain and enhance their immunity. While it is established that a healthy lifestyle has a positive impact on the immune system, there is now strong evidence that essential nutrients like vitamin D can support immunity, attracting increasing consumers’ interest.
However, all studies converge to show that blood levels of vitamin D are below the recommended levels in the world population1. This fact has recently led scientists and health professional to urge governments around the world to revise upwards their recommendations to supplement the population with vitamin D, the primary means of achieving the recommended vitamin D level2,3. In fact, the FDA requires Vitamin D content on all nutrition facts labels since the beginning of the year4.
Given the fact that vitamin D usage had already increased by 10% between 2015 and 2020, it is likely that it will continue to grow in future. Indeed, vitamin D market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8% between 2021 and 20265.
Divi’s extensive vitamin D2 and D3 portfolio
To help its customers answer the current and future increasing demand for vitamin D supplementation and fortification, Divi’s Nutraceuticals offers a comprehensive and unique portfolio of vitamin D2 and D3:
- Vitamin D3, or cholecalciferol, is produced from the lanolin present in the wool of sheep. It is the form which is naturally synthesized in the body after exposure to UV rays.
- Vitamin D2, or ergocalciferol, is obtained by UV radiation from a yeast sterol. This form is also present in nature, for example in mushrooms exposed to the sun. Its plant origin makes it particularly suitable for vegan diets.
Regardless of the source and form of vitamin D, it is converted by the body to calcitriol, which is the active form of vitamin D.
Rely on our formulation expertise
As formulation expert of fat-soluble vitamins, Divi’s offers a broad range of vitamin D forms suitable for different uses. Our spray-dried powders, microencapsulated beadlets, mini beadlets and oil solutions present excellent uniformity and stability in both liquid and dry applications.
For superior uniformity in fine powders like premixes, Divi’s developed Mini-Beads, which are about 30% finer than regular beadlets, thanks to an exclusive micro-encapsulation process.
To help our customers target consumer demand for additive-free supplements, food and beverages, our range also includes silicon dioxide-free product forms.
All our Vitamin D forms are Kosher/Halal certified, gluten-free, non-GMO and do not contain ingredients of known allergenic potential.
Superior performance in a variety of applications
The Divi’s vitamin D range includes different concentrations and formulations which can be used in a wide variety of applications:
- Dietary supplements: tablets, effervescent tablets, hard-shell capsules, softgels, powders, sachets
- Fortified foods: dairy products (milk, yogurts, cheese), cereals, bread
- Fortified beverages: fruit juices, clear beverages
Tailor-made solutions for specific needs
At Divi’s Nutraceuticals, we listen to our customers and understand their needs. We offer versatile and personalized solutions to help them achieve their objectives in terms of innovation and product development. In addition to our extensive vitamin D2 and D3 portfolio, we can adapt our product formulations and solution concentrations to fit the individual needs of our customers.
Divi’s Nutraceuticals: a reliable supplier
Divi’s Nutraceuticals is committed to providing the highest quality carotenoid and vitamin solutions for health and nutrition. Our fully validated and backward integrated manufacturing process – from the molecule to the ingredient formulation – makes us a quality, flexible and reliable supplier and partner, backed up by global sales and warehouse facilities selected for highest operating standards and convenient, rapid delivery.
Divi’s technical and application experts will support you at each stage of your project, from the conception to the realization. Contact Divi’s today to talk about your requirements.
- Vitamin D Deficiency. O. Sizar et al. January 2021. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532266/
- Over 200 Scientists & Doctors Call for Increased Vitamin D Use to Combat COVID-19. https://vitamindforall.org/letter.html
- Vitamin D supplementation for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19: a position statement from the Spanish Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology. Spanish Journal of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Formiga et al. February 2021. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0211139X21000044?via%3Dihub
- Changes to the Nutrition Facts Label. https://www.fda.gov/food/food-labeling-nutrition/changes-nutrition-facts-label
- Vitamin D Market – Global Outlook and Forecast 2021-2026. https://www.reportlinker.com/p06020370/Vitamin-D-Market-Global-Outlook-and-Forecast.html – Feb 2021