Nature-identical colorant with superior stability
Apocarotenal, or trans-β-apo-8′-carotenal, is a carotenoid found in spinach and citrus fruits.
While a natural form is not available in the market place, Apocarotenal is a highly stable, orange to orange-red molecule used for coloration in foods and beverages.
Divi’s Apocarotenal is a nature-identical colorant that gives a light orange to orange-red hue to a large range of food and beverage products. It advantageously replaces artificial dyes and helps food marketers in their transition to clean labels.
Divi’s Apocarotenal portfolio for a wide range of foods and beverages
Thanks to our formulation expertise, we offer an extensive portfolio of apocarotenal forms: spray-dried powders, microencapsulated beadlets, oil solutions and suspensions.
Divi’s Apocarotenal can be used in a wide range of applications. These include, but are not limited to:
- Dairy: yogurt, cheese
- Confectionery: gummies, hard candies, glazes
- Ice cream: high and low fat ice cream, gelato
- Bakery: croissants, cakes, cookies
- Savory: vegan sausages, surimi, soups, chips, cheese
- Sauces: salad dressing, cheese sauce
- Beverages: soy milk
Download the Brochure
Superior performance in applications
- Light orange to orange-red coloration
- Uniform color shade in food preparations
- No red spots
- Excellent color stability
- Desirable appearance
- Suitable for applications requiring high temperature heating
Divi’s offers a number of case studies for the use of apocarotenal in different applications.
Divi’s Apocarotenal Portfolio
- Product forms include spray dried powders, microencapsulated beadlets, and oil solutions
- Matrix (or carrier) variation in the forms supports specific application functions: water or oil solubility, use in dry blends
|Product name||Product Code||Cold Water Soluble||Oil Soluble||Coloration||Fortification||Beverages||Food||Tablets & Hard-shell Capsules||Soft-gelatin Capsules|
Apocarotenal 1% SD/SF
Spray-dried silicon dioxide free powder
Apocarotenal 10% SD
Apocarotenal 10% DG
Dispersible grade beadlets
Solution in oil
Apocarotenal 20% LF
Suspension in MCT oil