Natural antioxidant power
Astaxanthin belongs to the carotenoid family known as xanthophylls and is a red pigment found in algae, yeast, bacteria and fungi. It is also naturally occurring in foods such as salmon.
Astaxanthin is known as the most powerful antioxidant, hundreds to thousands of times stronger than Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Astaxanthin has also been shown to work in synergy with other carotenoids, such as Lutein, boosting their antioxidant power. As backed by a large number of scientific studies, Astaxanthin may have following health benefits*:
- Increase energy
- Boost physical performance
- Improve immunity
- Reduce inflammation
- Aid in eye health and reduce strain
- Improve blood pressure
- Help with diabetes
Divi’s Astaxanthin is naturally sourced from the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis. The microalgae are grown in a 3-step process in a totally closed system:
- The purpose of the first phase is to grow a healthy biomass.
- During the next stage, the algae are exposed to stressors such as extreme sunlight and starvation. As a response to these stressful environmental condition, the algae produce Astaxanthin, in order to preserve their DNA in an undamaged state, and turn a deep red color.
- After this phase the biomass is dried and the Astaxanthin is extracted from the Haematococcus pluvialis using only carbon dioxide.
The result is a vivid red carotenoid which is then formulated into beadlets for easy handling.
Divi’s Astaxanthin is naturally sourced from the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis.
Divi's Astaxanthin Brochure Download
A variety of applications
Divi’s Astaxanthin can be used in supplements and for food fortification.
Tailor-made solutions for specific needs
At Divi’s Nutraceuticals, we listen to our customers and understand their needs. We offer versatile and personalized solutions to help them achieve their objectives in terms of innovation and product development. In addition to our extensive astaxanthin portfolio, we can adapt our product formulations and solution concentrations to fit the individual needs of our customers.
Divi’s Astaxanthin Portfolio
- Product form: stable, water soluble microencapsulated beadlets
|Product name||Product Code||Cold Water Dispersible||Oil Dispersible||Coloration||Fortification||Beverages||Food||Tablets & Hard-shell Capsules||Soft-gelatin Capsules|
Astaxanthin 2.5% DC/AFN-X
Directly compressible starch beadlets
Astaxanthin 2.5% DC/AFN-X (HNAX02H) Directly compressible starch beadlets
- Dispersibility: Cold Water Dispersible
- Function: Fortification
- Application: Food, Tablets & Hard-Shell Capsules
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. A list of references is available upon request. In the EU, astaxanthin is limited for use in food supplements. In the US, astaxanthin can be used in dietary supplements and foods (for an intended use that is not to impact color of the food).